Innovative-IDM is a leader and specializes in the Motion Control and Industrial Automation industry. We are known for helping our customers battle lost productivity and eroded margins typically caused by production bottlenecks, process inefficiencies, and equipment downtime failures.
Can you troubleshoot and repair AC VFDs, DC motor controls, and PLCs used in industrial production machinery? Are you one of the few that can troubleshoot and solve complex problems? Do you like working on different types of machinery and have an appreciation for them to work correctly? Can you work in a fast-paced organization where "Legendary Service" is the norm and not the exception?
We are looking for an experienced Industrial Electronic Field Service Engineer w/an electro-mechanical background to join our team!
- Strong electro-mechanical problem solvers
- Positive attitude and energetic personality
- Good writing and oral communication skills
- Able to work effectively with others and independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-driven, well organized, and capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Performs troubleshooting/repair of PLC's, HMI's, Motion Controllers, AC/DC drives, and industrial devices for Innovative IDM customers.
- Performs field retrofits and start-up services of large-scale complex control systems.
- Performs depot repair techniques and duties.
- Responds to customer inquiries and issues in a timely manner.
- Possesses a "do whatever it takes" mentality to service and repair products to meet the needs of the customer.
- Researches and resolves difficult technical service situations in a calm, professional and efficient manner.
- Suggests additional/alternative products to meet customer needs.
- Brings issues and solutions to the attention of the manager; is willing to ask for help.
- Schedules appointments.
- Performs managerial/administrative duties within field service group.
- Identifies and introduces new ideas and solutions to create efficiency in the operation.
- Teaches technical product classes for customers, engineers, customer service and sales professionals.
- Utilizes technical product and application knowledge to assist engineering and/or sales team.
- This position requires participation in the after hours service "On Call" rotation.
- Guest service mentality; has a genuine desire to serve the customer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter who works independently and is self-motivated.
- Energetic, innovative and flexible.
- Exhibits creativity and tenacity to troubleshoot and repair all types of electronic and industrial devices.
- Anticipates and solve problems in a calm and methodical manner.
- Maintains a tactful, professional demeanor when dealing with difficult situations.
- Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency.
- Strong organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Forms strong working relationships within teams.
- Identifies additional tasks to be completed and willingly assists others.
- Follows direction with focused attention.
- Strong computer and ACAD skills required.
- Class facilitation and presentation skills required.
- Four-year degree preferred.
- Must possess applicable hand tools.
* This is not an IT role.
- Company Provided Laptop, Cell Phone, and Test Equipment
- Product training designed for service people
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Match
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Personal Days