Looking for an organized and detail-oriented self-starter with an HR background!
This position will work on-site and directly with one primary client while providing additional support, as needed to other small business clients. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in new hire processing, benefit administration, employee file maintenance, policy creation, conflict resolution, and process improvements.
Must Have: Certification in HR and/or HR related degree, 3+ years of well-rounded HR experience, client/employee focused; sense of urgency with an eagerness to help
Nice to Have: Experience with Kronos and Navigator
** UNLIMITED VACATION**
Schedule: Monday - Friday, flexible with some remote work
- Manage the administrative aspects of the HR work center
- Facilitate pre-employment process, new hire documentation, and conduct new hire orientation.
- Coordinate background and drug screening, new hire skills testing, etc.
- Primary point of contact for company provided benefits, COBRA, 401k, and compensation questions.
- Update employee online profile, file employee related documentation.
- Ensure data integrity in Kronos and Navigator.
- Participate in pre-screening and interviewing for employees and contractors.
- Update internal HR page with EAP updates, documents, and other HR self-help related items.
- Respond to unemployment claims and potentially participate in unemployment hearings.
- Serve as a liaison between employee and accounting/benefit administrators.
- Implement process improvements to increase HR efficiency.
- Maintain accurate Excel documentation of headcount, attrition, and other HR reporting exported from Kronos.
- Generate reports and identify trends.
- Maintain current knowledge of South Carolina and Federal Employment Laws.
- Assist with resolving employee relation issues, investigations, etc.
- Collaborate with leadership in the corrective action and performance review process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of well-rounded HR experience in small business environment
- Bachelors Degree in HR/Business related field
- PHR/SHRM-CP preferred
- Strong attention to detail, organization, administrative aptitude
**NO MEDICAL BENEFITS PROVIDED**
Perks: Flexible schedule, Paid time off, Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment