Instrumentation & Controls Department Manager
DPS is looking for a driven and team-oriented Instrumentation & Controls Department Manager to join a competitive, driven and fun team of engineers and technical professionals with a strong focus on design excellence, customer satisfaction and integrity. We are looking for an individual with a strong understanding of the engineering lifecycle related to Controls and Automation System Design in clean room, laboratories, biotech, pharma, and life sciences industries. In this role, you will be part of the US Project Operations Leadership Team.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
- the I&C Team
- new project opportunities in the local industry
- technical and plant support roles for the team to supplement capital project work
- scope summaries and man-hour estimates for new project proposals
- semi-annual performance reviews for department employees
- annual professional development plans for department employees
- on-the-job cross-training opportunities to develop weak or non-existent skills sets for each department employee
- and execute team-building and morale-boosting strategies and events
- directly with lead engineers to oversee and manage technical strategy and deliverables for Biotech and Pharmaceutical client projects.
- deliverables, define requirements, create design documents, and contribute to design reports.
- technical controls specifications/strategies and network architecture design.
- in leadership team activities, including but not limited to business development efforts, client strategy planning, yearly strategic improvement initiatives, coordination of resource "borrowing" across global or regional operations during workload peak/trough periods.
- degree inChemical Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Degree in Instrumentation is also acceptable
- to coordinate and interact effectively with project managers, vendors, and engineers across multiple disciplines such as Process Engineering, MEP, etc.
- years of Controls/Systems Engineering experience involving: DCS, PLC/PAC, MES, SCADA, bus technologies, Ethernet/IP
- large project team leadership and/or department management experience.
- qualified control systems and non-qualified BMS/BAS knowledge, including URS development, specification, and operation of various platforms.
- understanding ofengineering lifecycle related to Automation and Controls deliverables.
- experience working in the Biotech/Pharma, Chemical, Food or other process industries.
- understanding of controls for fermenters, bioreactors, centrifuge, UF/DF skids, viral filtration, chromatography, and other Biotech Pharmaceutical process equipment.
- knowledge and experience in development of I&C and Automation capital project deliverables including automation URSs, SOWs, control/automation philosophies, automation integrator bid tender reviews, I/O Lists, Instrumentation Specs/Datasheets/Lists, Loop diagrams, control panel design packages, and construction administration support (RFIs, submittal reviews).
- knowledge of P&IDs, Instrumentation, and Automation system hardware required. Automation coding experience is NOT necessary.
- of CIP, SIP, and process utilities control systems are required.
- motivated, well-organized, and shows professional initiative.
- ownership of assignments, can work both independently and as part of the team.
- to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- organization skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- with Microsoft Office Software.
DPS is a leading Project Management and Engineering Company serving industry around the world for 45 years. Our reputation is based on forming successful partnerships with our clients, providing them with innovative designs and cost effective solutions in the context of sound judgment, strong management and technical excellence.
We provide Full Service Engineering for our clients including Project and Program Management, Procurement, Design, Construction Management, Health & Safety Management, Commissioning, Qualification and Start-up on numerous projects across a range of market sectors.
We are a client focused company who offers a responsiveness and flexibility of approach unequalled in the business. It is our clear philosophy to develop long term relationships with our clients and we achieve this by delivering the best teams, ensuring team continuity throughout our projects and always maintaining our focus on the clients' business drivers.
- DPS is an Equal Opportunities Employer.