** This job has a heavy emphasis on graphic design and requires experience with Adobe products **
Join the Johnson Outdoors family and help us turn ideas into adventure with innovative, market-leading outdoor recreational products. The Company's unique network model combines the strength and efficiency of a large organization with the creativity and agility of its entrepreneurial beginnings. Founded in 1970 by Samuel C. Johnson, the Company has delivered double-digit compound annual growth over its history, evolving from a single brand into a nearly $490 million global enterprise with around 1,100 employees across 12 countries.
About the Role
There are two (2) Marketing Specialist openings available, reporting to the Brand Manager - Minn Kota/Cannon, and the Brand Manager - Humminbird in the Fishing Group. The person in this role is responsible for executing and/or coordinating marketing program materials, communications, graphics, events/tradeshows and digital/social media tactics in collaboration with digital teams. This role will further ensure that the marketing tactics promote brand identity and align with organizational initiatives/strategies.
- This position has a heavy focus on Graphic Design - supporting brand and identity standards to ensure a creative, yet consistent, look and feel that adheres to and supports the visual identity, and messaging to our customers. Including, but not limited to, retail packaging, print ads, sell sheets, exhibits, and image editing.
- Creates marketing communications, and graphically designs various marketing materials such as brochures, videos and product imagery. Coordinates the creation of communications with vendors as needed and ensures timelines are upheld.
- Executes sales related marketing communications and promotions such as sales literature, sales tools, packaging, product information, price lists, and catalogs.
- Consults and partners with internal teams, external vendors and customers to develop communications and market tactics. Ensures tactics are integrated with brand initiatives and support organizational objectives.
- Plans and executes the logistics of tradeshows, events, seminars, photo/video shoots and related vendors.
- Supports the development and execution of digital marketing initiatives which support the branding of the product and effectively contribute to a gain in market share. Responsible for marketing the organization by providing social media updates.
- Coordinates and tracks marketing projects, advertising deadlines and sales promotions. Partners directly with vendors and agencies to coordinate marketing functions and timelines.
- Reviews efficiency, value and impact of marketing initiatives and makes recommendations on potential improvements.
Knowledge & Background Requirements
- Degree in Graphic Design and detailed functional knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and InDesign is required.
- Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of marketing experience, which includes creating and executing marketing communications and graphics and supporting marketing events.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint - as well as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. HTML or experience working with a web content management interface.
- Demonstrated experience producing quality marketing communications which includes print collateral, sales related marketing communications, graphics and digital materials.
- Demonstrated experience with social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to develop effective communication materials and effectively communicate with internal teams and external vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment to effectively manage the timelines for multiple marketing projects, promotions, and events.
- Team player with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent skills in problem solving, organization and creativity and innovation.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through.