Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Seeking a creative computational scientist to translate multiomics data into clinically relevant insights that advance our understanding of metabolic diseases. The scientist will create and apply novel methods to interpret and integrate across diverse data types, including from cutting-edge technologies developed internally. The successful applicant will have strong computational skills, an ability to clearly communicate with wet lab scientists and clinicians, and a desire to learn relevant disease biology and contribute to charting research direction.
• Collaborate with scientists in the Muscle & Metabolism group (among others) to design and interpret molecular profiling experiments.
• Lead development of novel algorithms to analyze data generated by cutting-edge technologies including spatial transcriptome sequencing.
• Run deep-dive analysis of transcriptomic, metabolomic, lipidomic, and other high-thoughput data.
• Contribute to core functions of molecular profiling group including benchmarking algorithms, automating pipelines, and building visualization tools.
• Present results to colleagues, senior management and collaborators.
• Disseminate results in peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
• Introduce novel research questions to drive our research forward.
The candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• PhD + 5+ years experience
• Strong scientific credentials in computational biology.
• Expertise in machine learning algorithms, and in programming languages such as R, python, bash.
• Experience analyzing at least some of: bulk RNA-Seq, single-cell RNA-seq, metabolomics, proteomics, lipidomics, and epigenetic data.
• Strong communication skills.
• Team orientation.
Preferred job requirements
• Knowledge of metabolic or muscle disorders
• Familiarity with eQTL methods and interpretation
• Experience with cloud computing, and in building databases and visualization tools.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.