The Legal Operations Coordinator will be responsible for working on various legal transaction projects and initiatives that support both the standard operations as well as the growth of the business. In addition to the job functions detailed herein, the role will be responsible for assisting the VP in completing essential tasks and driving a number of critical projects end-to-end.
The Legal Operations Coordinator will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the administrative responsibilities related to the Company's Single Family Rental and Private Label lending platforms. Such work shall include but is not limited to the following:
- Tracking of loans in process, post-close transfers, and payoffs
- Processing signature pages and all other related closing items in conjunction with the deal team
- Collecting the legal binders and tracking all other post-close items to ensure delivery
- Creating and maintaining all necessary electronic files for the loans and related financing
- Assisting with bank line assignments and the transfer of original files
- Managing payoff requests
- Assist with the due diligence and closing processes related to the Company's securitization vehicles, including the drafting of assignment documents and working closely with the Securitization Trustee for delivery of collateral documents
- Assist with entity management, including but not limited to the formation and dissolution of entities, filing of required state and federal documents, securing TINs, and the creation and modification of organizational charts
- Assemble, distribute, and store loan, credit, and other legal documents
- Draft and transmit correspondence
- Various ad-hoc projects.
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 1-2 or more years of experience in an operational position or legal assistant/secretary/paralegal. Commercial Real Estate experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Adobe, Visio and PowerPoint
- Candidate must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Working in a high volume environment
- Must be highly organized and possess the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be hard working, a quick learner, detail oriented, and have the ability to work alone as well as with others to reach a common goal
Travel: 0-5% as needed based on special projects.