Boundary Zone, Inc. a land surveying and land planning company is recruiting for an experienced Human Resource Manager. The ideal candidate should be an effective communicator, critical thinker and will serve as the point of contact for all employees. Experience in engineering, land surveying, or construction desired. Please read the following job description carefully before applying.
***Please no Phone Calls***Qualified Candidates will be Contacted***
***Competitive Salary based on Experience***
What we offer:
- Employer Paid Health Insurance for employee
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employer Paid Group Life
- Voluntary Life (transferable)
- Long term disability
- (13) days paid time off 1st year.
- Paid holidays
- IRA Plan with employer match
- Performance reviews
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training for advancement
The human resource manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function. This individual will plan and administer policies relating to all areas of human resources activity as well as build effective relationships and develop a high performing and collaborative work environment while utilizing innovative methods and communications to achieve organizational goals and to provide outstanding service in support of operational excellence multiple offices.
This position reports to the CEO
- Serve as a point of contact for all employees and provide guidance and assistance in matters related to employee relations. Provides effective coaching and guidance to line and department staff relating to employee concerns, problems, and disciplinary action to comply with company policies.
- Administrative functions such as onboarding, offboarding, benefits management, responding to employee needs and requests, and other duties as necessary.
- Investigate and resolve employee relations problems, anticipate problems whenever possible, and develop, recommend, and initiate appropriate steps for resolution.
- Responsible for selection, recruitment, and interviewing of all employees from entry level to executive level and works jointly with supervisory and department heads in the hiring of employees. Oversees adherence to EEOC and affirmative action programs and diversity goals.
- Works with top management to set long-term staffing goals and strategies.
- Works with Department Managers to develop and implement employee incentives and recognition systems. Well versed in employee engagement, recognition, training, and development.
- Plan and coordinate new employee orientations to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives. Analyze training needs to design employee training and development including collaboration with safety programs.
- Guide management development efforts to ensure the management team has the skills and tools available to effectively execute the plant's strategic plan
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of HR department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Oversees maintenance of all personnel records. Ensures that rules concerning confidentiality and retention are followed.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to seek resources as needed.
- An approach to work that includes initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to drive process improvement.
- Collaborative interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with hiring managers, candidates and peers.
- Must be adept at handling multiple priorities
- Proficient in MS or Google platform (Excel/Sheets), MS Word/Google docs
- Must be flexible and have good time management skills.
- Quickbooks Experience: A plus.
- SHRM Certification: A plus.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree and five years of human resource experience, or nine years of experience in the HR field.
Preferred Education and Experience
A master's degree in human resource management
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Boundary Zone, Inc. is a Equal Opportunity Employer