Job Number: Sr Employee Relations Advisor Santa Clara, CA
The Sr. Employee Relations Specialist provides employee relations and performance management expertise, case management and consultation, within a newly created centralized Employee Relations (ER) function for the US. Develops and applies common practices and processes to ensure fair, respectful, and consistent with company's culture and core values. Handles complex, high-risk or sensitive employee relations cases.
- Provide expertise and case management of employee relations issues, including Performance Management, from initial intake to resolution.
- Provide expertise, consultation, guidance and coaching to managers, employees and HRBPs to address employee behavior and performance concerns; provide guidance and assistance with the development and delivery of appropriate feedback or corrective/disciplinary actions, and which aligns with company approach, practices, and processes. Assists managers with developing performance improvement plans.
- Conduct HR investigations to include: gathering and analyzing facts, applying relevant policies and past practice to reach conclusions, and recommend management actions. Partners with internal employment attorneys, Compliance, Internal Audit, and other internal investigative bodies, as necessary.
- Interpret and apply understanding of corporate policies and practices, employment law (in partnership with internal legal team), and other regulations to provide advice, guidance, or clarification for ER inquiries.
- May serve as facilitator and apply interventions to resolve low risk employee disagreements, conflicts, or misunderstandings if needed.
- Collaborate and partner with HRBPs, internal employment attorneys, and HR COEs to achieve high quality, seamless HR support, and represent as "One HR" to the business.
- Develop and implement best practice templates /forms to assist managers with documentation requirements
- May conduct manager training in conjunction with L&D team
Sr Employee Relations Advisor Santa Clara, CA#LI-RC2#IND-SJ
- Broad HR Generalist knowledge and experience, minimum 5-7+ years of experience, 2-3 years direct ER experience.
- Innovative with a passion for coaching employees and managers, and creating teams that work together cohesively. Strong analytical thinker, data driven and creative in approach to driving positive employee relations and change
- Ability to synthesize complex issues translating them into written form to ensure legally appropriate documentation.
- Ability to build, develop and implement new service delivery approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate successfully within ambiguity, multiple priorities and a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to operate/advise in the "gray" areas. Adept understanding of client motivations and business pain points; leverages inputs to influence business decisions.
- Experience working in a high volume, fast-paced environment, preferably in a high growth technology company.
- Solid understanding of Federal and State laws and regulations
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance on day-to-day work and deliverables.
- Experience in working in a centralized ER model preferred
For more than 45 years, we've been passionate about helping people find jobs they love - rewarding jobs that further career goals. At Nelson, we partner with companies that have outstanding reputations. Working with innovative startups to Fortune 500 companies, our skilled recruiters have access to opportunities beyond what you can find on your own. With Nelson, you'll get the most out of your career. Together, we'll set career goals and find you a position where your skills shine. For a full listing of jobs, go to: and click "Find Work."