This position is responsible for maintaining and developing technology tools and business solutions.
YMCA of the USA
Chicago, IL 60
The Junior SQL Server Database Administrator will provide support in the administration, backup, integrity and security of various SQL databases. Responsible for database tasks from software upgrades and custom interfaces, to troubleshooting.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent experience is required
- Knowledge of relational databases, specifically MS SQL Server 2012 and above, including experience in data modeling and creating SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Candidate will need to have a basic understanding of monitoring, troubleshooting, and reporting issues and have database administration skills.
- Experience with Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) for source control and project management is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment is required
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with and collaborate with team members is required
- Demonstrated experience in creating and updating technical documentation is preferred
- Commitment to the YMCA character development values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility is required
- Demonstrated a comprehensive understanding of database schemas and relational concepts related to application support.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of SQL Analysis Services, Integration Services, Reporting Services, and Power BI is a plus.
- Assists in the deployments, operations and implementation of databases in a distributed on-premise and cloud environment.
- Review database code to ensure it meets company standards for readability, reliability, security and performance.
- Use SQL Server Monitoring tools to assist in tuning alerts and identifying potential issues.
- Install, configure, and migrate SQL Server environments.
- Implement and validate the OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities in relation to SQL are begin followed.
- Participates in technical support, which involves investigating, tracking, and solving support requests and communicating and collaborating with internal customers.
- Implements new features by gathering/understanding requirements, performing design, coding, understanding best practices, unit testing, documentation, and assisting in quality assurance testing.
- Follows established SDLC processes, such as code standards, documentation, status meetings, etc., as well as suggesting and assisting with the establishment of new processes to streamline operations.
- Learn new techniques and keep up-to-date with the tools and skillsets required for this role.
- Create and maintain DB schema diagrams, data dictionaries, and inter-dependencies.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
- Values. Demonstrates in word and action the Y's core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to the Y's mission, in all matters, at all times.
- Inclusion. Values all people for their unique talents, and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
- Relationships. Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work.
- Communication. Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
- Quality Results. Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
- Change Capacity. Leads self and others through change by navigating ambiguity appropriately and adapting well to new situations, obstacles, and opportunities.
- Emotional Maturity. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
- Self-Development. Is dedicated to the improvement of own capabilities and demonstrates this through the continual expansion of knowledge and skills.
$59,000.00 - $69,000.00
How to Apply Apply Online
Opens in a new window
Resumes Accepted Until
Aug. 17, 2019